Chicken Florentine LasagnaPrep Time: 20 min | Cook Time: 40 min | Servings: 8 | Calories: 547
This recipe offers a fresh take on regular lasagna using chicken and spinach (hence the name Florentine). A trio of Sargento® cheeses, Mozzarella, Parmesan and Ricotta, create the cheesiness you crave in a lasagna.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp. dried basil
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- 4 cups milk
- 2 cups (15 oz.) Sargento® Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 15 sun-dried tomatoes, drained and cut into thin strips (optional)
- 1/2 lb. lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 3 cups (12 oz.) Sargento® Shredded Mozzarella - Traditional Cut, divided
- 1 cup (4 oz.) Sargento® Shredded Parmesan Cheese, divided
- Toasted pine nuts or slivered almonds (optional)
- Cook onion and garlic in olive oil in medium saucepan over medium heat 3 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Stir in flour, basil, salt, pepper and nutmeg until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Heat to a boil over medium heat for 1 minute, stirring frequently. Boil and stir 1 minute. Stir in Ricotta cheese until blended. Stir in spinach, then chicken and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Spread 1 cup Ricotta mixture in bottom of 13x9-inch baking pan. Layer 3 lasagna noodles over sauce. Top with one-third remaining Ricotta sauce, 1 cup Mozzarella cheese and 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese. Repeat layers of lasagna noodles, Ricotta sauce and cheeses. Top with remaining lasagna noodles and Ricotta sauce.
- Cover with foil; bake in preheated 375°F oven 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes more. Sprinkle with remaining Mozzarella cheese and 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with toasted nuts, if desired.
There are currently no reviews or comments.