Western OmeletPrep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 12 min | Servings: 2 | Calories: 459
<p>An omelet always makes a fantastic morning meal, especially when filled with flavors from sautéed onions, bell peppers and deli ham and topped with a sprinkling of Sargento® Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese - Fine Cut that melts into every delicious forkful.</p>
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 3/4 cup (3 oz.) plus 2 Tbsp. Sargento® Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese - Traditional Cut or Sargento® Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese - Fine Cut, divided
- 1/3 cup chopped deli ham
- Melt butter in large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and bell pepper; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Beat eggs, salt and pepper together in small bowl. Stir eggs into onion mixture in skillet; cook 2 minutes or until eggs begin to set on bottom. Lift edges of egg mixture with spatula to allow uncooked portion of eggs to flow to edges and set.
- When eggs are almost set, spoon 3/4 cup cheese and ham over egg mixture. Fold one half of omelet over filling. Sprinkle remaining cheese over omelet. Reduce heat to low; continue cooking 2 minutes or until eggs are set. Divide omelet in half.
There are currently no reviews or comments.