<p>This quiche makes a tasty treat whether you’re preparing a snack, appetizer or main meal. It’s filled with sliced zucchini sautéed with fresh herbs and spices and sprinkled with Sargento® Shredded Mozzarella along with a fluffy egg mixture that bakes perfectly in your oven.</p>
- 1 (9-inch) frozen deep dish pie crust
- 2 tsp. butter
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups thinly sliced zucchini
- 1 tsp. dried basil or 2 tsp. fresh chopped basil
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half or milk
- 1/8 tsp. grated nutmeg
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 cup (4 oz.) Sargento® Shredded Mozzarella
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) Sargento® Shredded Parmesan Cheese, divided
- Place pie crust in preheated 450°F oven 5 minutes. Remove pie crust from oven; reduce heat to 350°F.
- Heat butter and oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add zucchini; cook, stirring frequently 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in basil, salt and pepper.
- Beat eggs, half-and-half and nutmeg in medium bowl; stir in green onions. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese over bottom of partially baked crust; top with zucchini mixture. Pour egg mixture over all; top with remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake in preheated 350°F oven 45 minutes or until center is just set. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.