Appetizer & Sides
Turkey, cucumber and avocado finger sandwichesPrep Time: 15 min | Cook Time: 0 min | Servings: 4 | Calories:
<p>When you need a finger sandwich for your next outdoor event, look no further than these refreshing finger sandwiches. A mashed avocado mixture is layered on whole wheat sandwich bread with cucumber, turkey, arugula, and of course Sargento® Sliced Mild Cheddar Cheese. For a classy touch, cut the crusts off, then cut the sandwiches in half.</p>
- 2 medium avocados
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 8 slices whole wheat sandwich bread
- 1 large English cucumber, peeled and sliced into thin planks
- 8 slices Sargento® Mild Cheddar Cheese
- 8 oz sliced oven-roasted turkey
- 2 cups arugula, washed
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Slice and pit avocados. In a small bowl, scoop out avocado and mash with a fork. Mix in garlic powder. Season with kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste.
- Lay out slices of bread and spread approximately 1-1/2 tablespoons of avocado onto each slice. Top one slice of bread with cucumber planks, then add 2 slices of Sargento® Mild Cheddar cheese, 2 ounces of oven-roasted turkey and top with arugula.
- Add second slice of bread to top sandwiches. Carefully trim crusts off of bread on all sides and slice on the diagonal. Serve and enjoy!
5 out of 5
I made these for a work party, and the day of the party and a week after I was getting constant requests for the recipe!!!
My dad said he never tried avocados on sandwiches before and that he likes it more than using mayo.