<p>This easy cheesy appetizer is made with Reserve Series® Shaved 14-Month Aged Parmesan and Aged Italian Blend, prepared marinara sauce, pizza dough and fresh basil.</p>
- 4 cups Sargento® Reserve Series™ Aged Italian Blend
- 1 1/2 cups Sargento® Reserve Series™ Shaved 14-Month Aged Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 cup Butter, melted
- 1 tsp. Parsley, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. Granulated garlic
- 1/4 tsp. Red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp. Sea salt
- 16 oz. Pizza dough, separated into 12 equal balls
- 1 cup Marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup Fresh basil leaves
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl, combine mozzarella and parmesan cheeses. Transfer the mixture to a 10-inch cast iron skillet. Make a small well in the center of the cheese, then pour the marinara into the center.
- In a medium bowl, combine butter and next 4 ingredients. Add pizza dough balls a few at a time, rolling them in the butter mixture to prevent sticking.
- When all the dough balls have been coated with the butter mixture, place the balls around the outside edge of the skillet, allowing some space for rising.
- Place skillet in the oven and bake for 25 minutes or until cheese is melted completely and dough balls are golden brown. Remove skillet using a hot pad holder. Be careful, as pan handle will be very hot. Place skillet on a trivet and serve topped with fresh basil and more parmesan cheese.
- Use a fork to dip the balls into the cheese and sauce. Enjoy