<p><em>This recipe for an easy cheesecake is made with Sargento® Whole Milk Ricotta, which gives this cake a unique flavor, and makes it light and fluffy. </em></p>
- 1-1/4 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 3 Tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
- 2 containers (15 oz. each) Sargento® Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups assorted fresh fruits (sliced strawberries, kiwi, blueberries, raspberries)
- 1/3 cup red currant jelly
- 1 tsp. brandy (optional)
- Lightly grease sides of 8-inch or 9-inch springform pan. Combine crust ingredients. Press evenly over bottom of pan. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- Combine Ricotta cheese, sugar, half-and-half, flour, vanilla and salt in large bowl of electric mixer; blend until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, blending until smooth. Pour batter over crust. Bake in preheated 350°F oven 1 hour or until center is just set.
- Cool in oven with door propped open 30 minutes. Refrigerate 4 hours or longer.
- Arrange fruit in concentric circles attractively over surface of cake. Heat jelly with brandy until melted. Brush over fruit; refrigerate at least 30 minutes to set glaze.