<p>Here’s a recipe that features “riced” cauliflower and Sargento® Sharp Cheddar inside and Sargento® Mozzarella melted on top. A simple spicy dip completes the savory goodness of these bites that make a great side dish or appetizer.</p>
- 1/3 cup sugar-free ketchup
- 1-2 tsp. chili paste
- 1 large cauliflower, approximately 2.5 lbs, trimmed & cut into medium sized pieces
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 Tbsp. chives, minced
- ½ cup Sargento® Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup Sargento® Shredded Mozzarella cheese
- In a small bowl combine ketchup and chili paste, set aside.
- Place cauliflower in food processer and pulse until it looks like fine rice, scraping down sides as needed (may need to do in 2 batches). Put cauliflower in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a towel and squeeze out as much moisture as possible.
- Place cauliflower in a bowl and add egg, chives, Sharp Cheddar Cheese, salt, pepper, garlic, and coconut flour. Stir to thoroughly combine. Form mixture into small balls, pressing down gently to form approximately a 1.5” diameter disk.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium high heat and add oil. Place a few tots in the skillet making sure not to crowd the pan. Fry for 1-2 minutes until brown and crispy. Flip and fry another 1-2 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on plate lined with paper towel. When all tots have been fried, place them on sheet tray and top with mozzarella cheese. Broil on low for 2-3 minutes until melted. Serve immediately with ketchup sauce.