<p>Ciabatta bread cubes are toasted, then combined with butter, sauteed onion, celery and apple. A savory broth, apple cider, poultry seasoning and butter is added to the mix, along with a generous amount of Sargento® Sharp Cheddar. The mixture is baked in a 13’X9” pan, then topped with more cheese.</p>
- 8 cups Ciabatta bread cubes, toasted
- 5 Tbsp. Butter, melted, divided
- 1 cup Onion, diced
- 1 cup Celery, diced
- 1 ea. Tart apple such as granny smith, cored & chopped (1 ½ cups)
- 2 cups shredded Sargento® Sharp Cheddar
- 2 cups Chicken stock
- ½ cups Apple cider
- 1 lg. Egg, beaten
- 1 ½ Tbsp. Poultry seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons of butter to the pan. Add onion, celery and apple. Saute for 4-5 minutes or until softened. Transfer to a large bowl. Add toasted ciabatta cubes and toss to combine.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. In a large saucepan, combine chicken stock, apple cider, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. Bring just to a simmer. Remove from heat, then pour over and fold into bread cube mixture. Gently fold in 1 ½ cups of cheese.
- Transfer mixture to a greased 13” X 9” baking dish. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove foil, and top stuffing with remaining cheese. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove from oven and serve.