This classic baked macaroni and cheese packs a delightful blend including Sargento® Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese - Traditional Cut melted onto tender cooked macaroni noodles. Just bake until golden brown and the result will remind you of your favorite childhood meal.
- 1 lb. (16 oz.) elbow macaroni
- 4 cups (16 oz.) Sargento® Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese - Traditional Cut, divided
- 4 cups (16 oz.) Sargento® Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese - Traditional Cut, divided
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 can (12 oz.) evaporated milk
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain.
- Arrange half of macaroni in 13x9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle 2 cups mild Cheddar cheese and 2 cups sharp Cheddar cheese over macaroni.
- Repeat layering with remaining macaroni, salt, pepper and cheeses. Pour milk evenly over top. Bake uncovered in preheated 350°F oven 45 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.