An Italian Grinder Sandwich with homemade slaw. The sandwich is heated to melt the cheese
and is finished with a homemade slaw.
- 1/2 cup Mayo
- 1/2 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- ½ tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tsp Garlic
- ⅓ cup Pepperoncini Peppers
- ¼ cup Red onion
- ⅓ cup Sargento® Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 3-4 cup Green Leaf Lettuce- Shredded
- 2 large Hoagie buns and/or Italian Bread
- 8 ounces Sargento® Sliced Colby-Jack Cheese or Sargento® Sliced Provolone
- 1/2 lb Salami
- 1/2 lb Ham
- 1/2 lb Honey Roasted Turkey Breast thinly cut
- 4 ounces Prosciutto (Optional)
- 2 med Tomatoes
- ⅓ cup Sargento® Shredded Parmesan Cheese or Sargento® Shredded 6 Cheese Italian
- To make the Grinder Slaw:
In a large bowl add the mayonnaise, red wine vinegar, salt, dried oregano, Italian Seasonings, red pepper flakes, garlic, pepperoncini peppers, red onion, and parmesan.
- Stir until combined.
- Next, pour in the shredded iceberg lettuce and, using tongs, toss until the salad is
thoroughly coated. Set aside.
- While the Grinder slaw marinates, prep the Grinder Sandwich by preheating your toaster oven,
oven or air fryer to 425 degrees.
- Slice the hoagie roll or Italian Bread through the middle.
- Layer the sliced cheese and deli meats on the Hoagie and toast for 8-10 minutes until the cheese is
bubbly and bread is toasted.
- Slice the tomatoes and add on top of the baked deli meats.
- Top the sliced tomatoes with the Grinder slaw and additional shredded parmesan
or Italian blend cheese.