Make this veggie quesadilla any time you’re in the mood for a meal that’s packed with seasoned grilled zucchini, bell peppers and melted Sargento® Shredded 4 Cheese Mexican - Fine Cut between two hearty tortillas with adobo sauce and your favorite Mexican garnishes.
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. pureed chipotle chilies in adobo sauce
- 1 red bell pepper
- 8 whole green onions
- 2 small zucchini or yellow squash, quartered lengthwise
- 8 (6-inch) whole wheat flour tortillas
- 2 cups (8 oz.) Sargento® Shredded 4 Cheese Mexican - Fine Cut, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Sour cream, salsa, guacamole (optional)
- Combine oil and chilies. Set aside 1 tablespoon of the mixture. Brush remaining mixture over both sides of vegetables.
- Grill vegetables over medium coals 10 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally. Cut bell peppers and zucchini crosswise into 1/4-inch slices.
- Sprinkle half of cheese over four tortillas; drizzle reserved oil mixture over cheese. Top with grilled vegetables, cilantro, remaining cheese and tortillas. Grill quesadillas over medium-low coals 3 minutes per side or until cheese is melted and tortillas are lightly toasted. Cut into wedges and garnish with sour cream, salsa and guacamole, if desired.