Don’t miss out on this classic deli favorite and make yourself a grilled Reuben at home with your choice of deli style pastrami or corned beef, melted Sargento® Sliced Swiss Cheese along with a kick of horseradish and a helping of sauerkraut all grilled between two buttery pieces of bakery fresh bread.
- 1/4 cup light or regular mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. chili sauce or ketchup
- 1 tsp. prepared horseradish
- 8 slices rye or pumpernickel bread
- 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine, softened
- 8 slices Sargento® Sliced Swiss Cheese
- 1 lb. thinly sliced deli corned beef or turkey pastrami
- 3/4 cup drained sauerkraut
- Combine mayonnaise, chili sauce and horseradish in small bowl.
- Spread one side of each slice of bread with butter. Place cheese over other side of bread. Arrange corned beef over half of bread; top with mayonnaise mixture and sauerkraut. Close sandwiches with remaining slices of bread, cheese side down and butter side up.
- Cook each sandwich on preheated large skillet over medium-low heat 4 minutes each side or until bread is toasted and cheese is melted.