Whip up this scrumptious crab salad in a snap using lump meat crab and some freshly chopped green onions or chives and Sargento® Ultra Thin® Swiss Cheese Slices. With just enough lemony essence, this salad goes perfectly with some hearty and flavorful bread. Take your taste buds to the seaside and indulge with this sandwich!
- 1 (6 oz.) can white or lump meat crab, rinsed, drained
- 2 Tbsp. each: light mayonnaise and chopped chives or green onion
- 1/2 tsp. shredded lemon peel
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 8 slices Sargento® Ultra Thin® Swiss Cheese Slices
- 4 slices oatmeal or egg bread
- 1 Tbsp. butter or canola oil
- Combine crab meat, mayonnaise, chives, lemon peel and pepper; mix well.
- Layer 4 slices cheese over 2 slices bread; top with crab salad, remaining cheese and bread.
- Melt butter or heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add sandwiches; cook 3 to 4 minutes per side or until golden brown and cheese is melted.