<p>If you combined a smashburger and a taco, you’d have this irresistible smashburger taco. Made with 3 kinds of Sargento® Natural Cheese, this smash hit aims to please.<br><br></p>
- 12 oz ground chuck
- 1 Tbsp taco seasoning
- ½ Sargento® Shredded Sharp Natural Cheddar Cheese
- 4 flour tortillas, taco size (6 inch)
- 4 slices Sargento® Creamery Sliced Pepper Jack Natural Cheese
- 4 slices Sargento® Creamery Sliced Natural Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 large tomato, cut into eight thin slices
- Sauce: 4 Tbsp. mayonnaise 2 Tbsp. barbecue sauce 1 Tbsp. yellow mustard 1 Tbsp. pickle relish 1 Tbsp. pickled jalapeno peppers, finely chopped 1 tsp. worcestershire sauce ½ tsp. garlic powder
- Pre-heat a large stainless-steel griddle over medium heat. Form ground chuck into four 3 oz. balls the size of large meatballs. Sprinkle each burger ball with taco seasoning. Set aside.
- Make sauce by whisking together mayonnaise and next six ingredients in a medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Place one burger ball on the hot griddle, making sure there is enough room for the remaining burger balls to fit easily. Use the tortillas as reference. Place a flour tortilla over the burger ball. Quickly place the burger press on top of the tortilla and press down firmly until the meat goes almost to the edge of the tortilla. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of cheese on top of the tortilla. Repeat with remaining burger balls, tortillas, and shredded cheese. Cook for 1 ½ - 2 minutes or until cheese on top of tortilla just starts to melt.
- Use the flat, metal spatula to carefully flip each burger. Top each burger with 1 slice of pepper-jack cheese and 1 slice of cheddar cheese. Cook 1 minute longer, or until cheese has melted.
- Transfer burgers to a clean plate or platter. Top each smashburger taco with ¼ cup of shredded lettuce and 2 slices of tomato. Serve with Tiger sauce on the side.
- Note: Feel free to substitute other toppings such as taco sauce, guacamole or pico de gallo for the lettuce and tomato.