<p>Corn tortillas are filled with a creamy mushroom mixture, topped with Sargento<sup>®</sup> Creamery Sliced Pepper Jack Natural Cheese and then cooked until golden brown.</p>
- For the Filling:
- 4 Tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ cup onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup button mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup Cremini mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup oyster mushrooms sliced
- 2 Tbsp epazote herb or cilantro chopped
- Salt to taste
- For the Quesadillas:
- 12 (4-inch) corn tortillas
- 12 slices Sargento® Creamery Pepper Jack or Regular Pepper Jack Cheese
- Heat oil in skillet, sauté onions and garlic until translucent, add mushrooms season with salt to taste and cook until all the liquid evaporates, toss in epazote and mix, remove from heat.
- Warm the tortillas in a skillet, place a slice of cheese folded in half on each tortilla, spoon 2-3 Tbsp of mixed mushrooms and fold tortilla in half. Place quesadillas in hot skillet and cook quesadillas over medium heat 3 minutes per side or until golden brown and cheese is melted. Serve.