<p>Mexican street corn received a face lift with this refreshing summer salad. Sweet corn is brushed with a chipotle chili butter, then grilled, cut off the cob and tossed with Sargento® Shrerdded 4 Cheese Mexican, mayo, lime juice, cilantro, and seasoned salt mixture, then topped with a diced avocado, bell pepper and onion.</p>
- 4 ears sweet corn, husks removed
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp seasoned salt
- 1-1/2 cups Sargento® Shredded 4 Cheese Mexican - Fine Cut
- 1 whole avocado, pitted and diced
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1 ea. jalapeño pepper, seeded, diced
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 ea. Lime wedge, optional
- Pre-heat grill
- Brush ears of corn with melted butter. Sprinkle each with chili powder. Transfer to a plate.
- Grill corn over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until lightly charred, rotating corn as it cooks. Remove from grill and set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, lime juice, cilantro and seasoned salt. Stir in cheese.
- Cut corn off of cob with a sharp knife and transfer to bowl with mayo and cheese mixture. Stir to combine.
- In another medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients except lime wedge.
- Spoon grilled corn salad into a bowl or serving dish and top with avocado mixture.
- Squeeze wedge of lime over salad and serve.
- OPTIONAL: Salad can be warmed in the oven until the cheese has melted, and served with the cold avocado mixture spooned on top.