The smooth texture and delicate flavor of Sargento® Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese is the key to this lasagna roll-up recipe. The pesto adds extra rustic taste along with a chunky red pasta sauce to make a classic Italian dish that is sure to please.
- 2 cups (15 oz.) Sargento® Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese
- 1 cup homemade or prepared pesto sauce, divided
- 6 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 2-1/2 cups chunky pasta sauce, divided
- 2 cups (8 oz.) Sargento® Shredded Mozzarella - Traditional Cut, divided
- Combine Ricotta cheese and 3 tablespoons pesto sauce. Spread each lasagna noodle with 1/3 cup Ricotta mixture, 1/4 cup pasta sauce and 1/4 cup Mozzarella cheese. Roll each lasagna noodle individually, beginning at short end.
- Spread 1/2 cup pasta sauce in bottom of 1-quart rectangular baking dish. Place roll-ups, seam-side down, in baking dish. Spread remaining pasta sauce and pesto over roll-ups.
- Cover and bake in preheated 350°F oven 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 5 minutes more. Sprinkle with remaining Mozzarella cheese. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.