<p>These seasonal little pastry trees are light, airy and, best of all, filled with Sargento<span>® Sharp</span> Cheddar-Jack Natural Cheese.</p>
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 20-24 slices(1/4”) Sargento® Block Sharp Cheddar-Jack Natural Cheese
- 1 lg. egg, beaten
- 10-12 popsicle sticks
- 2 tsp. fresh dill, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp. garlic salt, optional
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly dust a clean, dry countertop with all-purpose flour
- Unfold puff pastry and roll out with a rolling pin to a 12” X 12” square.
- Using a 3” tree shaped cookie cutter, cut out 10-12 tree shapes by firmly pressing into the pastry dough. Place all tree cutouts on a large parchment lined baking sheet.
- Brush half of the trees with the beaten egg and place popsicle sticks on top of each egg brushed tree, so the stick is about 2-3” down from the stem of the trees.
- Place one slice of cheese in the center of each tree, making sure there is room on each edge to seal the tree in the next step.
- Place the remaining pastry trees over the cheese filled trees and press all edges together to seal. Brush tops of trees with egg and sprinkle with dill and garlic salt (optional.)
- Place baking sheet in freezer for 10 minutes.
- Remove baking sheets from freezer and place on center rack of oven. Bake for 17-20 minutes or until puffed and lightly browned. Let cool completely, then serve.
- Note: To make them more festive, place a small star shaped slice of cheese on the top of each tree.