Your next cook out will be a success with this burger recipe for some of the most savory beef patties that are topped with a combination of sautéed onions, exotic mushrooms and Worcestershire sauce and placed on top of Sargento® Sliced Colby-Jack Cheese between toasted buns.
- 1-1/4 lbs. ground beef or turkey
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion or shallots
- 1 pkg. (4 oz.) sliced exotic mushrooms or 2 cups sliced button mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 slices Sargento® Sliced Colby-Jack Cheese
- 4 onion rolls, split, lightly toasted or grilled
- Combine meat, 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape to form 4 patties, 1/2-inch thick.
- Grill or broil patties 4 to 5 minutes per side or until internal temperature reaches 160°F.
- Meanwhile, cook onion in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat 2 minutes. Add mushrooms, Worcestershire sauce, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; cook and stir 5 minutes or until tender.
- Place cheese over patties during the last minute of cooking. Serve in rolls topped with mushroom mixture.