Give an ordinary grilled cheese a little oomph by adding pico de gallo, taco-seasoning, butter and layers of Sargento® Pepper Jack, Sharp Cheddar and Mozzarella Cheeses on hearty sourdough bread. Cheesy, spicy, tangy, creamy and gooey—everything you want in a grilled cheese!
- ½ cup Tomatoes, small diced
- ¼ cup Onion, small diced
- 1 tbsp. Fresh jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. Olive oil
- ½ tsp. Fresh lime juice
- 4 tbsp. Butter, softened
- 2 tsp. Taco seasoning
- 4 slices Sargento® Pepper Jack Cheese
- 4 slices Sargento® Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 4 slices Sargento® Mozzarella Cheese
- 8 slices Sourdough bread
- In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes and next 5 ingredients. Set aside.
- For taco butter: In a small bowl, combine butter and taco seasoning. Brush one side of each slice of bread with prepared taco butter.
- To Assemble: Place 4 slices of buttered bread on a clean work surface buttered side down. Place 1 slice of pepper-jack cheese over 4 slices of bread. Spoon prepared pico de gallo over each pepper-jack slice. Place remaining cheese slices over pico de gallo. Top with bread slices.
- To Cook: Pre-heat a large skillet or griddle over medium-low heat. Place 2 sandwiches in hot pan, butter side down. Grill for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Flip sandwich and grill an additional 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a board and cut in half. Serve.