These panini are packed with twice the meat of your average toasty sandwiches! You’ll love the layers of tender Black Forest ham and sliced honey glazed turkey combined with Sargento® Sliced Baby Swiss Cheese. And don’t forget the surprise ingredient of sweet and tart strawberry jam handcrafted in your very own kitchen.
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 12 slices Sargento® Sliced Baby Swiss Cheese
- 12 slices egg or challah bread
- 12 oz. deli sliced maple or honey glazed turkey breast
- 12 oz. deli sliced black forest ham
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- For jam, combine strawberries, sugar, vinegar and pepper in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring frequently. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered until thickened, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat; transfer to small bowl and refrigerate 30 minutes or until serving time.
- For sandwiches, place 6 slices cheese over 6 slices of bread; top with turkey, ham and remaining cheese. Close sandwiches with remaining bread.
- Beat together eggs and milk in a pie plate. Dip each sandwich lightly in egg mixture, turning to coat. (Do not soak). Cook in a preheated nonstick panini* maker 3 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is melted. Dust with powdered sugar if desired. Serve with black pepper strawberry jam.