This Italian version of the American classic uses creamy Sargento® cheese layered on Italian bread and spread with a garlic herb butter then grilled until gooey and golden brown. Serve with warm marinara sauce for dipping.
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. seasoned salt
- 1 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- 8 slices Italian bread
- 4 slices Sargento® Provolone Cheese
- 4 slices Sargento® Havarti Cheese
- In a small bowl, combine butter and next 3 ingredients. Stir until well blended.
- Spread butter mixture evenly on one side of each slice of bread. Turn over 4 slices of bread and top each with 1 slice each of the 3 cheeses. Top with remaining slice of bread, buttered side up.
- Pre-heat a non-stick skillet or griddle over medium low heat. Place 2-4 sandwiches in pan and grill for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Flip sandwiches with a spatula and grill an additional 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer sandwiches to plates and serve with a side of warm marinara sauce for dipping.