<p>An all-American comfort food has gone gourmet with the addition of luxurious white truffle oil tossed in buttery cavatappi noodles that are mixed with chopped fresh thyme and rosemary and rich flavored Sargento® Shredded Swiss Cheese. This unique meal is sure to impress.</p>
- 1/2 lb. dried cavatappi or elbow macaroni pasta (cooked according to instructions on box)
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (8 oz.) Sargento® Shredded Swiss Cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs (chives and rosemary)
- 1 to 2 tsp. white truffle oil or shaved black truffle
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Add butter to saucepan over medium heat until butter begins to foam and bubble. Add flour and stir for about 1 minute. Slowly pour in milk, whisking continuously until all milk has been incorporated and the sauce begins to thicken. Make sure that there are no lumps in the sauce. Pass the sauce through a fine sieve if needed. This process should take 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and add cheese, mixing until it has completely melted. Add the fresh herbs and truffle oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the cooked and still warm pasta to the cheese sauce. Divide evenly among 4 bowls and shave the black truffle over the pasta, if desired. Serve immediately.