We put a spin on stuffed zucchini and added rich flavors from ingredients like mushrooms, dried basil and oregano in olive oil with a topping of Sargento® Shredded Parmesan Cheese. Just bake until it's perfectly melted.
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1/2 medium tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil or 2 tsp. fresh chopped basil
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3/4 cup (3 oz.) Sargento® Shredded Parmesan Cheese, divided
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp and seeds, leaving 1/4-inch shell. Chop zucchini pulp. Combine zucchini pulp, tomato, mushrooms, basil, oregano, oil and 1/2 cup cheese in small bowl. Divide mixture among zucchini shells.
- Place stuffed zucchini in baking pan; cover with foil. Bake in preheated 400°F oven 25 minutes or until zucchini is crisp-tender. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake uncovered 5 minutes more or until cheese is melted.