Stuffed roasted peppers always make for a great meal! Ingredients like black beans, corn and brown rice are packed in with a savory salsa and a topping of melting Sargento® Shredded Reduced Fat Mild Cheddar Cheese and chopped cilantro garnish for a vegetarian treat everyone will love.
- 3 red bell peppers
- 3/4 cup instant brown rice
- 1 cup chunky-style mild salsa
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained (optional)
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup (4 oz.) Sargento® Shredded Reduced Fat Mild Cheddar Cheese, divided
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Cut peppers in half; remove seeds. Place in 12x8-inch baking dish, cut-side down. Bake in preheated 425°F oven 15 minutes or until skins begin to bubble and peppers are just tender.
- Heat 3/4 cup water to a boil in small saucepan. Stir in rice; return to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in salsa, beans and corn. Add 3/4 cup cheese; mix lightly.
- Fill baked peppers with rice mixture; cover with foil. Bake in preheated 400°F oven 15 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Continue baking 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and filling is hot. Sprinkle with cilantro, if desired.