Add a touch of Southwestern flavor to classic chicken quesadillas using a blend of chili powder, seasonings and more for preparing your grilled chicken and vegetables for a layer of melted Sargento® Shredded Pepper Jack Cheese between a hearty flour tortilla that brings all the savory flavors in this meal together.
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 4 small (4 oz.) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 red bell pepper, halved lengthwise, seeded
- 1 green bell pepper, halved lengthwise, seeded
- 4 slices (1/4-inch) red onion
- 8 (7 to 8-inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups (8 oz.) Sargento® Shredded Cheddar Jack Cheese or Sargento® Shredded Pepper Jack Cheese
- Combine 2 Tbsp. oil, the chili powder, cumin and salt; mix well. Brush over both sides of chicken, bell peppers and onion slices. Grill* chicken and vegetables over medium coals 5 minutes per side or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender; transfer to chopping board. Cut chicken and peppers into bite-sized chunks; separate onion slices into rings.
- Brush remaining 1 Tbsp. oil over one side of each tortilla. Place 4 tortillas, oiled sides down, on cookie sheet. Combine chicken, vegetables and cheese; divide mixture over tortillas. Top with remaining tortillas, oiled sides up.
- Bake in a preheated 450°F oven for 6 minutes or until golden brown on bottom. Use a large spatula to turn quesadillas over. Continue baking until tops are golden brown, about 2 minutes. Cut into quarters.