Give the classic Sloppy Joe recipe a little Mexican flair! Simmer ground beef in a combination of seasoning, salsa and chili powder before spooning some onto a savory onion roll and topping it with Sargento® Sliced Colby Cheese for perfect melted flavor with every bite.
- 1 lb. lean ground beef or turkey
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. salt (optional)
- 4 onion rolls or hamburger buns, split, toasted
- 4 slices Sargento® Sliced Colby Cheese or Sargento® Sliced Medium Cheddar Cheese
- Cook meat, onion and garlic in large skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until no longer pink, stirring frequently; drain.
- Stir in salsa, ketchup, chili powder, cumin and, if desired, salt. Heat to a simmer; simmer 10 minutes or until sauce thickens, stirring occasionally. Spoon meat mixture over bottom half of rolls. Top with cheese; cover with top half of roll.