Don your chef’s hat and whip up a classic Italian risotto that is equal parts hearty and creamy. Tender Arborio rice made in chicken broth and Sargento® Shredded Parmesan Cheese is seasoned with fresh garnishes for a delightful, filling meal perfect any time of day.
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup (4 oz.) Sargento® Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh chives or parsley
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Salt, optional
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add rice; cook and stir 1 minute.
- Stir in wine; cook until liquid is absorbed. Add 1/2 cup broth to rice mixture; stir until liquid is absorbed. Repeat 3 times. Cook 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Remove from heat; stir in cheese and top with chives. Serve with pepper. Add salt, if desired. Tip: If desired, top with some additional Parmesan and thyme as a garnish.