The Sargento® Reduced Fat* 4 Cheese Italian Cheese in this pasta recipe adds rich, delicious taste. The simple, homemade sauce, served over fettuccine, is made with roasted red peppers and mild green chilies. *25% less fat and 10% fewer calories compared to Sargento® Mozzarella and Provolone
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, drained
- 1 can (4 oz.) mild green chilies, drained
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 8 oz. fettuccine noodles, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, rehydrated and chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 2 cups (8 oz.) Sargento® Shredded Reduced Fat 4 Cheese Italian, divided
- Combine red peppers and chilies in blender or food processor; process until smooth (add up to 1/4 cup water or chicken broth while processing if mixture is too thick); set aside.
- Coat large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Add chicken; cook 5 minutes, or until browned on all sides, stirring frequently.
- Stir fettuccine, sauce, tomatoes and onions into chicken. Cook 5 minutes, or until heated through, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Stir in 1-1/2 cups cheese. Top individual servings evenly with remaining cheese.