Here’s a Mexican-inspired favorite you can whip together in just 20 minutes with just a few ingredients. It’s a winning combination of chicken, Sargento® Pepper Jack, salsa verde and red or pinto beans layered between corn tortillas.
- 1-1/2 cups salsa verde (tomatillo salsa), divided
- 2 cups shredded or chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (15 or 16 oz.) can no salt added canned red or pinto beans, rinsed, drained
- 1-3/4 cups (7 oz.) Sargento® Shredded Pepper Jack Cheese, divided
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (optional)
- Sour cream (optional)
- Spread 1/2 cup salsa in an 8 or 9-inch square glass baking dish. In a medium bowl, combine chicken, remaining salsa, beans and 1 cup cheese; mix well.
- Arrange 3 tortillas in the dish, tearing to fit as needed. Spoon half of chicken mixture over tortillas. Repeat layering with remaining tortillas and chicken mixture. Cover dish with foil.
- Bake in a preheated 375°F oven 30 minutes or until heated through. Uncover; top with remaining cheese. Continue baking 5 to 10 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Top with cilantro and serve with sour cream, if desired.