Bacon and basil blend perfectly to create a pizza worth writing home about. Made with the freshest ingredients like baby spinach, vine ripened cherry tomatoes and mozzarella cheese that’s always shredded fresh off the block. Try this recipe once and soon every night will be pizza night.
- 6 strips thick cut bacon
- 1 lb. uncooked pizza dough
- 1 cup tomato and basil pasta sauce
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh baby spinach
- 2 cups (8 oz.) Sargento® Shredded 6 Cheese Italian or Sargento® Shredded Mozzarella - Traditional Cut, divided.
- 4 oz. cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered.
- Handful of fresh basil leaves.
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Cook bacon strips until medium crisp. Remove from pan, let cool slightly then crumble into large pieces.
- Spray a large baking sheet with nonstick spray. Form pizza dough into a 12 inch circle, or a rectangle if your pan is not wide enough. Spread sauce to 1 inch from the edge. Pierce with a fork in several spots to prevent bubbles. Bake for 10 minutes; remove from oven.
- On top of sauce, layer spinach, half the cheese, crumbled bacon and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake 10 more minutes until cheese is golden and bubbling then remove from oven. Sprinkle top with tomatoes and fresh basil.