Quick & Easy
Pot Roast SandwichPrep Time: 20 MIN | Cook Time: | Servings: 4 | Calories:
<p>This variation on a classic French dip sandwich is worth the effort. A homemade mushroom gravy enrobes the tender roast beef, which is then piled high on rustic buns with Muenster cheese and a zesty brussels sprout slaw.</p>
- 3 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 cup Shiitake mushrooms, chopped
- 1 ea. shallot, chopped
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. Flour
- 2 cans (10.5oz) Beef broth
- 1 1/2 lbs. Deli sliced roast beef
- 4 ea. brioche buns, split
- 8 slices Sargento Muenster Cheese
- 1/2 cup Brussels sprouts, shredded
- 1/2 cup Carrots, shredded
- 1/4 cup Italian dressing
- Melt butter in a dutch oven or saucepan over medium heat. Add mushrooms, shallot and garlic. Saute for 3-4 minutes or until softened. Stir in flour and cook, stirring often, for 2-3 minutes or until flour is cooked and lightly browned.
- For slaw: In a medium bowl, combine shredded brussels sprouts, carrots and dressing. Toss to coat.
- To Serve: Transfer roast beef to pot of simmering broth. Cook for 30-45 seconds or until hot. Meanwhile, spoon prepared slaw onto the toasted bun bottoms. Using a pair of tongs or a slotted spoon, transfer about six ounces of hot beef mixture over each bottom topped with slaw.
- Place 2 slices of cheese over hot beef. Finish with bun tops and serve with a side of mushroom jus for dipping.
There are currently no reviews or comments.