This delightful and charming light ham and Swiss sandwich is big on flavor. Sautéed ham is topped with a fried egg and topped with smooth-tasting Sargento® Ultra Thin® Swiss Cheese Slices along with a touch of apricot jam and a garnish of baby spinach between an English muffin. Go to CookingLight.com for more recipes.
- 4 thin slices Virginia baked deli ham
- 4 large eggs
- 4 English Muffins, split and toasted
- 4 slices Sargento® Ultra Thin® Baby Swiss Cheese Slices
- 4 tsp. apricot jam
- 1 cup baby spinach
- Preheat broiler to high.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat the pan with cooking spray. Add ham to pan; sauté 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from pan. Recoat pan with cooking spray. Crack eggs into pan. Cover and cook for 4 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Remove from heat.
- Place 4 muffin halves, cut sides up, on a baking sheet. Top each half with 1 cheese slice and 1tsp. apricot jam. Broil cheese and jam topped muffins for 2 minutes or until cheese melts. Divide ham among cheese-topped muffin halves; top each with 1 egg, ¼ cup baby spinach and 1 muffin half.