<p>Great to serve for brunch or breakfast-for-dinner night, these festive egg rancheros have a simple homemade salsa that livens things up. The eggs sit on bean quesadillas with melty Sargento® Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese. </p>
- 4 Roma Tomatoes
- 1 Serrano Chili
- 1/8 Onion
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 cup Refried Pinto Beans
- 8 Corn Tortillas
- 1 cup Sargento® Shredded Monterrey Jack Cheese
- 8 large Eggs
- 4 tbsp. Cilantro, chopped
- Vegetable Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Salsa: Heat a skillet on medium high heat for 5 minutes. Place tomatoes, chili, onion and garlic, turning occasionally until skins are lightly charred, remove from heat and place in blender or food processor, pulse until you obtain a sauce with a chunky consistency. Season with salt and pepper to taste and reserve covered to keep warm.
- Quesadilla: Take 4 tortillas and spread 2 tbsp of re-fried beans on top of each one, sprinkle the cheese on top of the four tortillas with beans, top each tortilla with beans and cheese with another tortilla. Heat ½ tbsp. of oil in a skillet on medium heat and fry each “bean quesadilla” on both sides until lightly browned, and until cheese is melted. Remove from heat and reserve.
- Eggs: Crack 2 eggs at a time, and fry sunny side up in 1 tbsp of hot oil, season with salt to taste.
- Assembly: Place each bean quesadilla on a dish, top with enough ranchero salsa to cover the egg whites (do not cover the yolks), sprinkle with freshly chopped cilantro and serve. Enjoy!