A hearty breakfast sandwich loaded with a black bean spread, bacon, aged Gouda, perfectly cooked eggs and jalapeno served on golden Texas toast.
- 15 oz can Black beans, rinsed and drained
- 12 slices Thick-cut bacon, cooked according to package directions and cut into half
- 4 ea. Large eggs
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- 1/4 cup Jalapeño jelly
- 8 slices Whole grain bread
- 1 tsp. Smoked paprika
- 2 Tbsp. Lime juice
- 3 Tbsp. Chopped fresh cilantro
- 8 slices Sargento® Reserve Series™ Aged Gouda
- Place beans, cilantro, juice & paprika in a food processor bowl and process until smooth, adding a little water if the beans are too thick – they need to be thick but spreadable. Cover and set aside.
- Toast the bread until golden. Place toasts on a cutting board. Spread half the toast with jalapeno jelly and spread the other half liberally with the black bean mixture. Reserve any leftover black bean mixture for a dip or tacos.
- In a large, non-stick skillet melt butter over medium heat. Carefully crack the eggs into skillet, sprinkle with salt and cook to desired doneness.
- Top the black bean toasts with bacon. Add two cheese slices on top of bacon. Top bacon with eggs. Add jalapeño slices. Top with jalapeno jelly toast.