<p>Smoked kielbasa slices are enrobed with puff pastry with raspberry jam, and shredded Sargento® Shredded Mild Cheddar. The sausage stuffed pastry is partially sliced pieces, brushed with egg and baked until golden brown. Served with a cranberry orange dipping sauce.</p>
- 2 cups Fresh or frozen cranberries
- ½ cup Sugar
- ½ cup Orange juice
- 1 cup Water
- 16 ozs. Smoked kielbasa, cut into 1 ½” pieces
- 1 sheet Frozen puff pastry, thawed, cut into 3 equal strips
- 2 Tbsp. Seedless raspberry preserves
- 1 ½ cups shredded Sargento® Mild Cheddar
- 1 lg. Egg, beaten
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. In a medium saucepan, combine cranberries, water, orange juice and sugar. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a container, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled.
- Place puff pastry strips side by side and attach ends by pressing dough together. Brush top of the long pastry strip with raspberry jam to within ¼” of the edges. Brush edges with egg. Sprinkle a thin line of cheese down center of pastry.
- Place sausage slices side by side down center of pastry strip. Bring edges together and seal by pressing together.
- Transfer sausage stuffed pastry to a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper, seam side down. Form into a ring and press ends together. Cut in between each sausage ¾ way through and twist each piece so the sausage is visible.
- Brush pastry with egg. Bake for 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Bake an additional 5-10 minutes or until cheese has melted. Remove from oven, transfer to a platter and serve with reserved sauce.