This market variety salad recipe combines a medley of fresh ingredients and puts them together with garbanzo beans and Sargento® Shredded Mozzarella - Traditional Cut with a thick handmade dressing crafted from vinegar, garlic, oregano and salt for a tangy kick with all the crisp and fresh textures in this dish.
- 2 cups small cauliflower florets
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 2 medium carrots, pared and cut into short, thin strips
- 1 can (15 oz.) garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 cups (8 oz.) Sargento® Shredded Mozzarella - Traditional Cut
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. capers (optional)
- Combine cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, garbanzo beans, bell pepper and cheese in large bowl.
- Combine vinegar, garlic, oregano and salt in small bowl. Whisk in oil slowly until smooth and thickened. Stir in capers if desired. Toss gently with vegetable and cheese mixture. Cover and refrigerate. Stir before serving.