This Greek bread is super tasty and goes great with a main course or served as an appetizer at your next dinner party. A mixture of green onions, mushrooms and Sargento® Shredded Mozzarella - Traditional Cut is whipped up and used as a spread on top of some slices of French bread and baked until golden and crispy.
- 2 loaves French bread
- 4 cups (16 oz.) Sargento® Shredded Mozzarella - Traditional Cut
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1-2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 small cans (4 oz. each) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 small can (2 oz.) black olives (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cut bread in 1-inch thick slices. Arrange on baking sheet.
- In medium bowl, mix cheese, butter, mayonnaise, green onions and sliced mushrooms. Season to taste with garlic powder. Spread mixture on bread. Top with black olives, if desired.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes, until cheese is bubbly, but not overly browned.
- Serve with soup, salad or pasta.