This dish is full of tender chopped potatoes, peppers, zucchini and carrots drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with classic Italian seasoning. A layer of melted Sargento® Shredded Reduced Fat 4 Cheese Italian on top gives this side dish the right amount of gooey texture and smooth flavor.
- 2 russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 carrots, pared and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 large zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups (8 oz.) Sargento® Shredded Reduced Fat 4 Cheese Italian
- Fresh basil sprigs (optional)
- Place potatoes and carrots in greased 13x9-inch baking dish. Drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Toss lightly to coat.
- Bake in preheated 425°F oven 20 minutes. Stir in zucchini, bell pepper and garlic. Return to oven. Bake 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Sprinkle vegetables with cheese. Return to oven 2 minutes or just until cheese melts. Garnish with basil, if desired.