This delicious appetizer will please everyone on your guest list and make a classic addition to every party menu. Sargento® Mozzarella is added to chopped, cooked mushroom stems to create a savory, cheesy filling.
- 12 large fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup (4 oz.) Sargento® Shredded Mozzarella
- Remove stems from mushrooms; set caps aside. Coarsely chop stems
- Cook chopped mushroom stems and onions in oil in large skillet over medium-low heat 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in parsley, basil and wine. Simmer 10 minutes or until wine is absorbed; remove from heat; cool 5 minutes.
- Stir in cheese. Fill mushroom caps with cheese mixture and place in 8x8-inch baking pan. Bake in preheated 350°F oven 15 minutes or until filling is hot and cheese is melted.