Appetizers & Side Dishes
Cheeseburger SoupPrep Time: 30 Min | Cook Time: 20 Min | Servings: | Calories:
<p>French onion and cheese soups are combined with cheeseburgers to create this scrumptious soup. Serve it in a hollowed out bread bowl, top it will melted cheese and serve it with your favorite toppings.</p>
- 1 lb. Ground chuck
- ½ cup Onion, diced
- 5 Tbsp. Beef fat, butter or both
- 7 Tbsp. Flour
- 3 cups Beef broth
- ½ cup Milk
- 2 cups shredded Sargento® Sharp Cheddar Cheese, divided
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Ketchup
- 1 Tbsp. Yellow mustard
- 4 ea. Kaiser hard rolls, top quarter removed
- salt and pepper to taste
- Assorted toppings (chopped bacon, lettuce, tomato, mayo, pickles, etc.)
- In a medium saucepan, brown beef over medium heat. Drain beef, keeping fat and set cooked beef aside.
- In the same pan, add beef fat back to pan with onion. Cook onion for 4-5 minutes or until softened. Add enough butter to equal 5 tablespoon of melted fat. Stir in flour and cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring often until mixture is browned.
- Slowly whisk in beef broth, milk, Worcestershire, ketchup, mustard, salt, and pepper. Simmer until thickened.
- Slowly stir in 1 cup of the sharp cheddar cheese. Add cooked beef back to soup.
- While soup is simmering, hollow out the buns, making sure not to create any holes in the buns.
- Place bread bowls on a baking sheet lined with foil. Ladle about 6 ozs. of soup to each hollowed out bread bowl. Top each with about ¼ cup of remaining cheese. Bake until cheese has melted, or about 5-7 minutes. Serve with assorted toppings.
There are currently no reviews or comments.