<p>Your dinner guests will be amazed when you set a platter of these beautiful cheese stuffed tomato tulips on <br>the table.</p>
- 8 ozs. Cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup Sargento® Shredded 4 Cheese Mexican Natural Cheese, Fine Cut
- 10 med. Green onions, trimmed, divided
- 5 large Roma tomatoes
- 9 stalks Asparagus, trimmed
- In a small bowl, combine the first 3 ingredients. Blend well with a rubber spatula or spoon until
smooth. Set aside
- Using a small, sharp knife, cut the tops off each tomato by cutting in a horizontal direction with a
curved zig zag pattern until the top is loose.
- Remove top, then scoop out the seeds and pulp with a small spoon or melon baller. Pat the inside of
each tomato and dry with a paper towel. Set aside.
- Stuff each tomato with reserved cheese spread by using a small spoon.
- Place the green onions on a platter or board and place a stuffed tomato at the top of each green onion
to resemble a tulip on a stem. Place the asparagus spears around the green onion stems. Serve
- Note: Small peppers may also be cut into flower shapes, stuffed with cheese, and added to the
bouquet if desired.