Give these baked potatoes a try as an addition to your next meal. They’re bursting with flavor and savory ingredients including tender broccoli, onion, bacon bits and Sargento® Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese - Traditional Cut that melts and makes all the flavors come together. Garnish these potatoes with salsa or sour cream for extra flair.
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1-1/2 cups (6 oz.) Sargento® Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese - Traditional Cut, divided
- Salsa or sour cream (optional)
- Bake potatoes in preheated 400°F oven 55 minutes or until tender; cool 10 minutes. Meanwhile, cook bacon in large skillet until crisp. Remove bacon with slotted spoon; set aside. Pour off all but 1 tablespoon drippings. Cook broccoli and onion in drippings over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Cut off top one-fourth of potato (lengthwise) holding potatoes with a pot holder; reserve for another use. Scoop out potatoes into large bowl leaving 1/4-inch shells. Combine potato pulp with bacon, vegetable mixture, salt and pepper. Stir in 1 cup cheese; set aside.
- Place shells in 2-quart rectangular baking dish. Spoon vegetable mixture into potato shells, mounding over shells; top with remaining cheese. Bake in a preheated 400°F oven 20 minutes or until heated through. Serve with salsa or sour cream, if desired.