- 2 Tbsp Salted butter
- 2 cups Broccoli
- 1/2 Red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 Green bell pepper, sliced
- 1/4 Red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup Grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 Tbsp Cajun spice
- 1/2 cup Bourbon
- CHEESE SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup Bourbon
- 2 cups Heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cups Sargento® Reserve Series™ 18-Month Aged Cheddar Cheese
- 2 tbsp Hot sauce
- 1/4 cup Green onion, chopped
- 1/2 lb Rigatoni, cooked
- 1/2 cup Sargento® Reserve Series™ 14-Month Aged Parmesan Cheese
- Boil ½ pound of pasta according to the directions on the box. Toss in oil to keep from sticking.
- Heat a medium frying pan with butter on a medium-high heat.
- Add in the broccoli, peppers, onion, garlic and tomatoes and saute for about 2-3 minutes mixing constantly. Set aside.
- Using the same pan deglaze the pan with bourbon and flambé.
- Add in the cream and cook until it boils.
- Turn your stove down to a medium heat and add in the Sargento® Reserve Series™ 18-Month Aged Cheddar Cheese a little at a time, making sure it is mixed well. Continue to add the cheese while stirring to make a smooth cheese sauce.
- Add sauted broccoli, peppers, onion, garlic and tomatoes to the cheese sauce and mix well until all is coated with the cheese.
- Presentation: Serve in a large bowl and top with Sargento® Reserve Series™ 14-Month Aged Parmesan Cheese.