By Louie Gentine | April 2015
Louie's Grilled Cheese
Louie knows a thing or two about making the perfect grilled cheese sandwich. He adds more cheese to the outside of the sandwich for a golden crunch of flavor!
- Start with two slices of your favorite bread, spread softened, room temperature butter on the outside of both pieces.
- Place 1 to 3 slices of Sargento Natural Cheese evenly across the first slice of bread, slightly overlapping.
- Use a blend of cheeses that melt well, like Provolone or Louie’s favorite Sargento Sharp Cheddar Cheese. Top with second slice of bread.
- Use a heavy bottomed or cast iron skillet on medium low heat. Melt a little butter in the pan. Add the sandwich and let cook until golden brown.
- Repeat process with the other side. Remove from pan.
- Spread a little butter in the pan and sprinkle with Sargento Shredded Parmesan Cheese. Allow Parmesan to melt, then place the grilled cheese sandwich on top. Cook for 1 minute.
- Repeat the process on the other side of the sandwich. Cut in half and enjoy!