Flour tortillas are filled with shredded chicken and fried to a golden brown, and then topped with sour cream and Sargento® 4 Cheese Mexican Cheese and baked to a melty deliciousness. Serve with sour cream and pico de gallo.
- 1/4 Onion, sliced
- 1 1/2 cup Tomato puree
- 1 tbsp. Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 Cups Chicken breast, shredded
- 1/2 cup Chicken stock
- 1 cup Tomatillos, chopped
- 1/2 cup Red onion, chopped
- medium Serano chili
- 2 Tbsp cilantro
- 1 Tbsp Lime juice
- 16 Flour tortillas
- 2 cups Sargento® Shredded 4 Cheese Mexican
- 1/2 cup Sour cream
- Vegetable Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sauté the onions until translucent. Add the tomato puree and chipotle peppers and cook for 5 minutes. Add in the shredded chicken.
- Prepare the green pico de gallo: Mix the tomatillos, red onions, serrano chili, cilantro, lime juice and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare the chimichangas: Heat the flour tortillas, divide the chicken filling among the flour tortillas evenly, fold the left and right ends toward the center, then roll facing upwards to form a tight roll. Fry in oil on a medium heat seam side down and turn when golden brown. Remove from heat and drain on paper towels. Place chimichangas on a baking dish / tray, spread the top of the chimichangas with sour cream, cover with cheese and bake at medium high heat until cheese is completely melted, lightly browned and bubbly. Remove from oven.
- Serve the chimichangas with a dollop of sour cream and green pico de gallo salsa to taste. Enjoy!