Cooking over a fire when camping is one of those memories you or your kids will never forget. These campfire nachos are simple, delicious and super cheesy thanks to Sargento® Creamery Shredded 3 Cheese Mexican. Dress them up with guacamole, sour cream, or cilantro.
- 1 bag Corn tortilla chips
- 1 1/2 cups Pre-made salsa
- 2 bags Sargento® Creamery Shredded 3 Cheese Mexican
- Spoon ¾ cup of salsa into bottom of a large cast iron skillet or griddle. Spread half of a bag of the corn tortilla chips over salsa.
- Sprinkle 1 bag of cheese over tortilla chips. Place remaining tortilla chips over cheese. Spoon remaining salsa over chips. Sprinkle remaining bag of cheese over salsa.
- Place skillet or griddle 8-12 inches over hot coals or camp fire. Cook for 10-15 minutes or until cheese has completely melted. Remove skillet from fire with an oven mit. Serve with assorted toppings such as guacamole, sour cream, jalapeno slices or cilantro.