Wisconsin Cheddar Cheese Soup
Prep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 15 min | Servings: 4 | Calories: 465
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup beer or water
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 tsp. dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 cups (8 oz.) Sargento® Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese - Traditional Cut
- Garlic or herbed croutons (optional)
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in milk, beer, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, salt and pepper. Heat to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in cheese until melted. Ladle soup into bowls. If desired, serve with croutons.