Super Deluxe Veggie BurgerPrep Time: 20MIN | Cook Time: 25MIN | Servings: 4 | Calories: 1193
<p>Decadent burgers are found on menus all across the country. Now vegetarians can have a decadent burger to call their own. This version combines the flavors of black bean burgers with Sargento® Mild Cheddar Cheese Slices, fried green tomato, a fried egg, microgreens and a creamy beet hummus. Enjoy!</p>
- 1 small cooked beet, peeled
- ½ cup prepared hummus
- 4 slices green tomatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- ¼ cup cornmeal
- 1 large egg, beaten
- ½ tsp. Mexican Tajin Seasoning
- 4 ea. prepared vegetarian black bean burgers
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 4 med. eggs
- ½ cup microgreens
- 8 slices Sargento® Mild Cheddar Cheese
- 4 ea. pretzel buns, sliced, toasted
- For Beet Hummus: Place beet in a food processor and process for 20 seconds or until smooth, scraping down sides after 10 seconds. Add prepared hummus and pulse 3-4 times until well blended. Transfer to a container and refrigerate until ready to assemble burgers.
- For fried green tomatoes: Pour egg into a shallow bowl or dish. Combine panic, cornmeal and tan seasoning in another shallow dish. Dip 1 tomato slice in beaten egg, then transfer to panic mixture. Coat both sides. Repeat with remaining tomato slices. Fry breaded tomato slices in oil in a large skillet over medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown. Turn and fry an additional 1-2 minutes. Drain on paper towels and keep warm until ready to assemble burgers.
- For Black Bean Burgers: Grill burgers on grill over medium heat for 4-5 minutes per side or until heated through. Top each burger with 2 slices Sargento Mild Cheddar Cheese. Keep warm until ready to assemble. While burgers are cooking, toast buns on grill until lightly browned. Set aside.
- For Fried Eggs: In a small non-stick skillet, fry eggs in a tablespoon of butter over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until white is cooked through, but yolks are still soft. Transfer to a large plate, and keep warm until ready to assemble.
- Transfer burgers to bun bottoms. Top each burger with a fried green tomato, a fried egg and micro greens. Spread prepared beet hummus on cut side of each toasted bun top. Place on top of burgers. Serve with sweet potato chips and pepper rings.
There are currently no reviews or comments.