<p>This behemoth of a burger is made with not one or even two, but three quarter pound beef patties with crumbled bacon and seasonings worked right into the meat. The burgers are grilled and topped with six slices of <span>Sargento® Creamery Sliced Natural Cheddar Cheese</span>, bourbon caramelized onions and barbecue sauce; all on a butter grilled brioche bun. My mouth is watering just thinking about it!</p>
- 1 ½ lbs. ground sirloin
- 1 ½ lbs. ground chuck
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. steak seasoning
- ½ cup crumbled bacon
- 4 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 2 lg. sweet yellow onions, chopped
- 1 tsp. coarse ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- ½ cup bourbon whiskey, optional
- 12 or 24 slices Sargento® Creamery Sliced Natural Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup prepared barbecue sauce
- 4 brioche buns, toasted or grilled
- In a large bowl, combine ground meats and next 3 ingredients. Form into 8 thin patties about ½” larger in diameter than the buns, and place on a foil lined sheet pan. Cover and refrigerate for one hour.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large saucepan over medium low heat. Add onions, ground pepper and brown sugar. Stir until combined. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring often. Reduce heat to low, remove pan from heat, and stir in bourbon. Continue cooking for another 15 minutes or until deep golden brown.
Transfer mixture to a bowl and set aside until ready to assemble burgers.
- To Make Burgers: Pre-heat charcoal or gas grill. Place burger patties one at a time onto hot grill.Grill for 1-2 minutes on each side or until cooked to desired doneness. Move patties to an upper rack orcooler area of the grill. Place 1 or 2 slices of cheese on each cooked hamburger, cover with grill lid and let cook for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Transfer burgers to a tray and set aside.
- To Assemble Burgers: Top burger bun bottoms with 1 tablespoon of barbecue sauce. Place one cheeseburger over each bun bottom. Spoon about 1 Tablespoon of reserved bourbon onions over each burger. Place another cheeseburger over onions, then add another tablespoon of onions. Place remaining cheeseburgers on top and finish with more barbecue sauce and bun top. Serve with chips and a whole pickle.